An Ohio family experiences Unexplained Phenomena

by Brent Raynes

I recently received the following two fascinating emails from a woman named Becky who lives in Ohio. She and her family had experienced some strange phenomena that were similar to what author Brad Steiger described in the December 2007 No. 119 issue of this magazine ( She wrote:

I am a 45 year old, mother of 4 children. After a strange occurrence at our house this evening [February 15, 2009], which involves a glowing green light in my boys’ bedroom, they ask that I search the net to see what I could find. I came across an article written by Brad Steiger regarding his book “The Divine Fire”. By the time I finished reading the article I had tears streaming down my cheeks, as I felt that I was reading about myself, especially by the time that I got to the part about hearing the most beautiful celestial music and the heavenly voices. I have been hearing this music for years, took music lessons for five years, but to this day I am unable to read or write music notes. I have had numerous paranormal experiences, psychic dreams, and unexplainable occurrences happen throughout my life. Although, I have learned to deal with the fact that I am sent these messages for a reason, and it is usually for the good of others. My family has learned not to question me when I tell them that something is going to happen, like “Don’t drive down this road today” or “Your fish are going to die, all but the big one”, etc., etc. Sure enough there’s an accident on that road and yes, the fish died, all but the big one.

My husband and I have also had visits from the hooded figure in our bedroom where my husband punched right through him; although, he did not speak. At the time, my mother-in-law had recently passed away so we thought that the hooded figure was a messenger from Hell. LOL Needless to say, she was not a nice woman!!

As a young child (1967-1969) I received normal visits from what I called “The Little Green Men” and several visits from what I called “The Secret Agents”, as they were small gray figures with large black eyes and were not as friendly as the little green men. I was able to give a lot of detail on the ships that came to visit me; although, I am unable to remember the inside of the ship, but I do remember some of the probing and the other children sitting on smooth chrome looking benches that lined the edge of the room. Anyway, the strange part of the whole thing is that whenever I awoke to tell my mom about my “dreams”, there was also a UFO sighting reported on TV within several minutes of me finishing my story to my mom. I remember my mom sitting on the stool in front of the TV (we didn’t have a remote) and she slowly turned around and looked at me like “How could she know that?” She always told me I had a very vivid imagination, and didn’t want to encourage me by talking about what had happened.

My point is that I thought I was the only person who experienced these things. And in my late teens, things were happening so often that it scared me to the point that I thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown. I couldn’t understand how I knew so many things and I couldn’t control it. Then my sister said in a nice calm voice, “Just let it happen and stop trying to control it”. She was right. Obviously, these things were happening for a reason.

My children all have the same abilities that I do. They are also very “sensitive”. Although, unlike my mother, we talk about it and they know it’s OK. By reading Brad Steiger’s article it has helped me to be more comfortable with the “green light” incident tonight. My boys had gone to bed and said they were just drifting off when for some reason they both woke up and looked at the wall in their bedroom when they saw a green orb about the size of a baseball on the wall. After watching it for about 30 seconds, my 15 year old son got out of bed and actually poked it. He then cupped his hand over it to make sure that it wasn’t a reflection. He said it felt warm. It moved around the room, changed from an orb shape to the shape of a glow stick, then vibrated and made a wavy line, then changed back to an orb. At this time, my husband was going up the stairs to see what all of the commotion was about and yelled to the boys. They said as soon as he yelled the orb zapped and disappeared into the wall. Soon after, all 4 of my kids came running downstairs to get me. I have never encountered anything like this before so I was telling them it was probably just a reflection on the wall. I went into their bedroom closed the door, just as before so the room was pitch black, and all of us laid on the bottom bunk to wait for it to happen again, but to no avail. Needless to say, my boys slept with their bedroom door OPEN tonight!

I would like to correspond with Brad Steiger to find out if he has had any recent occurrences with green lights, and if so, what was the outcome? I try to stay calm in handling this situation with my kids, but honestly, I‘ve been getting some really strange vibes tonight (the hair on the sides of my head keeps standing on end) and I know they’re coming back. It’s not my welfare I’m worried about, it’s my kids.

I guess I should have mentioned that I was struck by lightening while standing in my kitchen on August 16, 2008 and I'm still here. LOL What a mind blowing experience, to say the least!! I seem to be a lot more "sensitive" since this occurred. I hadn't been picking up very much for a long time. Now I seem to be over sensitive and it really wears me out.

When I was 16 my mom purchased an antique 4 poster bed for me at an auction. The majority of the furniture in my bedroom was antiques. I can't remember how long I'd had the bed before I started seeing a ghost in my bedroom. She would sit on the bed and motion for me to come to her with her finger. It bothered me at first, but then I got used to her showing up unexpectedly, until one night when I woke up because I could feel someone or something lying next to me. I could hear them breathing. That's all it took!! I went running downstairs, because I knew that my sister, who slept in the next room, wasn't home yet. (You have to understand, I'm not a big cry baby, but at this same time I was also having a lot of dreams, you know the ones that end up happening. Like having deja vu's that last for 5 minutes in front of total strangers, so you know what the conversation is before it even starts, but it is happening so frequently that it scares you to death because you can't understand why all of this is happening so you start crying when they ask you a question and you say, "I'm sorry, I can't answer you because I already know what I'm supposed to say". And they just stand there and look at you like "What is this girl on??")

Anyway, when my sister got home she found me crying in the living room and asked me what was wrong. I said I didn't want to talk about it because I had to get up early for work, but asked her to come upstairs with me so I could get some sleep. The next afternoon when I returned from work, there sat both of my sisters and my mom at the kitchen table staring at me. My sister asked what was wrong with me the night before. I said, "Never mind, you won't believe me anyway!" They finally got me to tell them what had happened. My mom and my oldest sister thought I was making it up. So then my mom tells my Aunt Karen, who at the time lived in Garrettsville, Ohio, and she asked my mom where the bed came from. My mom said, "I bought it at Ralph ____'s auction in Garrettsville". My aunt said, "Well Nancy, you know that house is haunted!! There was a whole article on the front page of the Akron Beacon Journal about it!" So to make a long story short, I called Ralph K____. He said this girl (the ghost) didn't sound familiar to him but that he'd bought the bed in Brady Lake, which is where I was living at the time. It turns out that about 12 years later, unbeknownst to both of us, we met again and ended up working together for 5 years. We were the best of friends; although, we had had a falling out about a year before he passed away. Several days prior to his death, a mutual friend (who served as a family doctor for both of us) urged me to contact Ralph before it was too late. I finally got up the nerve to call Ralph and we both wept over the phone, regretting loosing the time we could have spent as friends. We set up an appointment for the next day. I was going to visit him. Right as I was getting ready to walk out the door his friend called to say that I shouldn't bother coming over because he was so far gone he wouldn't even know I was there. That has been the biggest regret of my life! He passed away the next day. But the odd part of it all is that I knew exactly when he passed away because he came to see me at 10:15 p.m. on that Friday night. It was a strange trance that overcame me. I could feel him in the room. We talked for a while. He was just letting me know that he was Ok and that everything was fine between us and not to have any regrets. The next morning I received a phone call from another mutual friend (Tom). I said "Your calling to let me know that Ralph passed away last night at 10:15". He said, "Oh, somebody already called you?" I said, "No..., he was here." The phone was silent at the other end. Tom didn't really know what to say. Ralph still comes to visit me and we laugh and laugh... just like the old days.